Growth Alliance | 510 E. Broad Street | West Point, MS 39773 | Phone: 662.494.5121 | Toll-free: 866.494.5127 | Fax: 662.494.6396
Explore Clay County


Virtual Tour
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Golf CourseMain StreetPostOfficeHowlin Wolf MuseumWindmill

How Do I?

How do I sign up for the CodeRed system?
Click here...

How do I register to vote?
You may register at the Clay County Courthouse in the Circuit Clerk’s office.

How do I vote absentee for the upcoming election?
Call the Circuit Clerk’s office at (662) 494-3384.

How do I qualify as a candidate in the upcoming election?
Call the Circuit Clerk’s office at (662) 494-3384.

How do I ask questions about Jury Duty?
Call the Circuit Clerk’s office at (662) 494-3384.

Where do I vote?
Call the Circuit Clerk’s office at (662) 494-3384.

How do I obtain a Marriage License?
Click here for the Circuit Clerk’s page and the click Marriage License or call the Circuit Clerk’s office at (662) 494-3384.

How do I obtain a copy of my DD-214 Discharge Certificate?
If it has been filed with the Chancery Clerk’s office, you can come by the Chancery Clerk’s office for a copy.

How do I pay a traffic citation?
If you have received a citation from the MS Highway Patrol, the Sheriff’s Department, or Fish and Game, please call the Justice Court at (662) 494-6140 for the proper amount that you owe.  Mail in your money order or local check along with a copy of the citation to Clay County Justice Court, P. O. Box 674, West Point, MS 39773.  Or you can click here to pay online.

How do I get a passport?
Call the Chancery Clerk’s office at (662) 494-3124.

How do I get a copy of my divorce record?
Call the Chancery Clerk's office at (662) 494-3124.

How do I report road hazards or repair?
Call the Board of Supervisors at (662) 494-3313.  If you know in which district the road is located, you can call the Supervisor for that district.  Click here for the Board of Supervisors page to find the phone number for each Supervisor.

How do I dispose of old appliances, old furniture, and tires?
These items can be disposed of at the White Goods Station located on Highway 47 (turn off Highway 50 and go about 4 to 5 miles and it is on the right).  It is open on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8 am to 3 pm.

How do I file for Homestead exemption?
Come by the Tax Assessor’s office between January 1 and April 1.

Where do I buy a car tag / license plate?
Car and truck tags are issued by the Tax Collector. You have 7 working days from the date of purchase to register your vehicle.  Call the Tax Collector’s office at (662) 494-3432 for more information.

Contact Information

Clay County, MS
P O Box 815
205 Court Street
West Point, MS 39773

662-494-3124 (phone)
662-492-4059 (fax)

Featured Event



Board of Supervisors’ Meeting
December 07, 2015
More Featured Events

Board of Supervisors’ Meeting

Board of Supervisors’ Meeting





Government Offices  |  Public Safety  |  Public Works  |  Court Systems
Resources  |  Announcements  |  How Do I?